Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)

Pemberley (Lyme Park, Cheshire)
Oh, to be in England...

Monday, October 3, 2011

Pan Am- The Television Series

My new guilty pleasure is the retro television series Pan Am about stewardesses in the 1960s. Yes, they were actually called stewardesses in those days and yes, I wanted to be a stewardess when I was a little girl. This show brings back all the reasons why!



It's not high art but then what did I say about guilty pleasure? Light fluffy plot and lots of eye candy! Whether you like the hunky pilots (who do truly look a little young to be flying those planes) or the gorgeous women (1 runaway bride, 2 spies, a feminist who stabs an unruly passenger with a fork and a French coquette) there is lots to ogle. Even the planes are pretty to look at. And it makes you wonder which year airplane food ceased to exist as the meals on these plane look delectable. And full bottles of champagne????



Does the runaway bride stewardess who has her photo on life magazine look like she is having second thoughts about not settling down stateside? No, I didn't think so either.

PanAm Explorer Bag from www.panam.com

If the accessories have you drooling you can purchase this PanAm flight bag at www.panam.com.  Lots of other goodies on that site too.

Anyway, this is where you will find me on Sunday nights until Downton Abbey begins again in January. And even after that, I might be able to squeeze them both in!

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about giving this series a try--my high school daughter loves it, and she usually has pretty good taste!

    A little froth is good for the soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to watch the first two episodes online, ABC has it. I'll link their site in the first sentence of the post.

    Yes we do need a little froth once in a while don't we?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails